Friday, July 06, 2007

Who Owns the Past? (Reviewed)

I continue to be distracted by worthy obligations in Oklahoma where I am working for the summer, but I managed to see another valuable review published on Museum Anthropology Review today. Building on earlier MUA and MAR contributions on heritage and cultural property policy is this review by former Museum Anthropology editor Christina Kreps. Christina offers a detailed and engaged assessment of the edited collection Who Owns the Past? Cultural Policy, Cultural Property and the Law. Given the high level of interest in these topics generally and the contention surrounding this book specifically, I anticipate that Christina's review will find a significant readership. Speaking personally, I am especially appreciative of Christina's continued support for the broader Museum Anthropology effort. Find her review here.

No comments: