Monday, June 08, 2009

Update During a Quiet Period

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported Museum Anthropology so vigorously over the past three and a half years. It has been an honor to edit the journal and to collaborate not only with the members and leaders of the Council for Museum Anthropology but with the entire museum anthropology and material culture studies communities worldwide. I am eternally grateful for the support and assistance and encouragement that I have received from so many talented and generous people.

As I noted in a post last December, the Council for Museum Anthropology has named Chip Colwell-Chanthaphonh and Stephen Nash as the journal's next editors. Chip and Steve are on the curatorial staff of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. They have been planning to take up the journal for many months now and I am very excited by all of the enhancements that they have in store. After much anticipation, the moment of transition is almost upon us and I am now working with them to hand the work off in the best ways that I can.

One point of interest is this journal-focused weblog. Chip and Steve intend to continue using it in various ways during their editorship. While this is (probably) my final post to the blog, I anticipate that it will again be a lively digital destination beginning in July, when they begin their work in earnest. To Steve and Chip, I want to say "Welcome and thank you."

Readers of the journal will also be interested to know that work on the Fall 2009 issue is nearly complete and it should arrive in mailboxes very early in the fall season. It is filled with lively reviews and articles and I hope that everyone finds it useful. Thanks go to all of the authors, peer-reviewers and staff who made it happen.

Thanks go as well to my colleagues and students at Indiana University who so generously supported the work of Museum Anthropology.

No comments: