POSITION: MUSEUM DIRECTOR
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010 AT 5:00 P.M.
DUTIES: Museum Director is directly responsible for operation of Museum activities. Collects, authenticates, preserves, maintains, exhibits, researches and furnishes information of Tribal historical artistic, scientific or technological significance for Colorado River Indian Tribes, Tribal membership and general public. Duties and responsibilities, include but not limited to the following:
• Gather material for the museum collections for purposes of display, research or through gift.
• Purchase loan or museum expedition.
• Supervise and be responsible for the proper registration, cataloging and storage of these collections. Plan and execute displays within the museum gallery meaningful to the interpretation of the Colorado River Indian Tribes past and present.
• Oversee and participate in all archaeological excavations and explorations conducted on or near the reservation, and archaeological workers required by C.R.l.T. development ordinance.
• Coordinates with planning department and Resource Development Committee staff in accordance with land use ordinance.
• Act as liaison person between interested universities, museums and other institutions and Tribal Council.
• Solicit and allocate funds for archaeological work.
• Plan and participate in exposition that display and sell Indian arts and crafts off Reservation.
• Arrange and conducts tour groups through Museum.
• Prepare educational programs to enhance the understanding of the pre-historic and natural resources of the region to the general public.
• Work with Education institutions to interpret information contained in the museum.
• Supervise and participate in the recording of oral history, ethnic transcription.
B.A in Anthropology, History or archaeology, three years experience in public relations, collections management, conservation, exhibition and grant writing, Basic computer literate.
C.R.l.T. HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
26600 MOHAVE ROAD
PARKER, ARIZONA 85344
FOR APPLICATIONS VISIT: http//www.crit-nsngov