The Assistant Registrar will coordinate all aspects of new acquisitions for the Department of Anthropology, including budgeting, incoming shipping, legal paperwork, acquisition documentation (both hard copy and digital) and physical processing. This person will work with curators, collections managers, and conservators to determine the needs of each incoming collection. (S)he will also be responsible for helping the Head Registrar with department level administration of the museum's collections management system (KE EMu), and will assist with collections management tasks as needed. The Assistant Registrar reports to the Head Registrar, Anthropology.
Job ID: 9039402
Position Title: Assistant Registrar, Anthropology
Company Name: The Field Museum
Job Function: Registrar/Collections Management
Entry Level: No
Location(s): Chicago, Illinois, 60605, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: 1-2 Years
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
* B.A. or B.S. in Anthropology or a related field required; Master's degree preferred
* Minimum of 2 years museum registration experience or an equivalent combination of education, hands-on training, and experience
* Thorough understanding of best practices in museum registration and collections management
* Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with acquisitions, deaccessions, and standard registration protocols is a necessity
* Must be organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
* Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion
* Must be flexible with balancing competing priorities
* Must have excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external parties, including, but not limited to curators, collections managers, conservators, interns, volunteers, donors, estate executors, and supply and service vendors
For a complete job description and the ability to apply online, please visit The Field Museum's Career Page at www.fieldmuseum.org.
The Field Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.