Two types of grants are available – Consultation/Documentation Grants and Repatriation Grants. Each has a separate application process. The National NAGPRA Program, within the National Park Service, administers both Consultation/Documentation and Repatriation Grants.
Eligibility: Museums with possible NAGPRA collections, Indian tribes, and Native Hawaiian organizations as defined in NAGPRA are eligible to apply.
NAGPRA Grants Calendar for FY2013
- Oct. 1, 2012 - Jan. 4, 2013 - Draft project proposal submissions for pre-review assistance
- March 6, 2013 - Deadline to submit applications for project proposals
- July 9, 2013 - Target date for grant award announcements
- Oct. 1, 2012 - June 15, 2013 - Period in which to request noncompetitive repatriation grants
- TBA - webinar, grants training
Please see Application Guidelines and Forms for more information.
Additionally there is an upcoming webinar on December 13, 2012 called The Ingredients of a Successful NAGPRA Grant Application to learn about the NAGPRA grants program, review the FY2013 Consultation/Documentation grant application, and find out about new resources available on the NAGPRA Program’s website to assist in preparing grant requests. Click here for more information and registration details.